Sunday 17th October 2021 | 10am – 5pm
Wheel of Consent: The Art of Giving and Receiving
This is a 1-day introductory workshop on the Wheel of Consent®. The Wheel of Consent® is for people who want to create better relationships, feel more pleasure and joy, develop greater self-confidence to deliver stronger and more effective boundaries, and enjoy meaningful, respectful, and fulfilling experiences with everyone in their life. It is not about techniques or rules but rather a solid theoretical framework and embodied practice to empower your nervous system and develop lifelong skills. It is like yoga for human relating, intimacy, and connection!
The Wheel of Consent® developed by Betty Martin is a framework and practice that supports you to develop an inner compass to understand and navigate tricky and confusing interactions with others.
Have you ever:
• gone along with what someone else wants when you did not really want to?
• been confused about overstepping someone else boundaries?
• felt icky about the touch that was being done to you?
• felt obligated to give back when you have received?
• Been unable to ask for what you really wanted and instead settled for less or went without?
The Wheel of Consent® clarifies all these scenarios and more and supports you to develop strong and consistent ways of interacting that feel good for everyone involved. Human interactions have the potential to contain wholehearted gifts and the Wheel of Consent® teaches you the art of receiving and giving those gifts without fear, guilt, resentment, or burn-out. The Wheel of Consent® can teach you to feel more empowered in your yes and no, increase awareness in your body around boundaries, wants, and limits, enhance effective communication, and increase agency in all interactions. Embodying the Wheel of Consent® is at the core of knowing it and walking away with this embedded in your nervous system is the most powerful way to apply it and transform your life. It all starts with you and your skin.
Whether you are looking for healing, learning, or improvement, this workshop offers a safe space to self-discover as a natural consequence of playing and experimenting with the activities on offer. Some activities are solo, some can be partnered, and some involve touch within specific parameters. There is NO nudity or sexual touch of any kind in this workshop.
This is not a couples workshop but if you are in couple, thruple or more you are welcome to play together, or not, depending on what you decide between you. The content is non-gendered and the space is LGBTQ+ inclusive. There will be lots of options to engage with the material in a way that works for you with choice an inherent part of the work and encouraged at all times.Each week we explore new concepts that build on the weeks before with discussions, practices, and play that deepen the work in your body, mind, and heart. The Wheel of Consent® workshops are a vital part of learning the wheel. Dr Betty Martin who developed The Wheel of Consent® generously shares her work online through www.bettymartin.org and www.schoolofconsent.org. She says, “This is the body of work I have been developing over the last dozen years, which I call the Wheel of Consent. The videos are fine, the ideas are fine – but it’s the experience of it that will change you.”
The workshop is being at held the HeART of Rest Loft, 22 Gwilliam Drive Bibra Lake on Sunday 17th October 2021. It starts at 10am and finishes at 5pm with an hour lunch break around 1pm. Doors open from 9:30am. Please arrive by 9:45am at the latest so we can start on time.
- Fluff! Cushions, blankets, doonas, anything to create a comfortable and relaxing space. There are limited bolsters, cushions, blankets and yoga mats available at the venue.
- Comfortable clothes
- Water bottle (hot tea station provided)
- A notebook if writing things down helps you. You will also receive some handouts.
- Veganish plate of finger food to share for lunch. Please advise others if your plate contains allergens. OR bring your own if that is what you would prefer. There is a fridge and microwave in the cafe for our use.
$175 full for one person
$150 concession for one person holding a government concession card
$150 grad for one person who has previously attended a wheel workshop facilitated by Vanessa K Vance
$300 duo for two people booking together
There are two Support Crew places available for a $30 discount on their chosen individual ticket type. Support Crew involves managing kitchen area including tea station and lunch prep and clean up, and supporting me at end of day final tidy and clean of the venue. Please contact Vanessa firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested.
PAYMENT, REFUND & COVID
All registrations through Trybooking system. Payment options include credit card through the Trybooking system and online bank transfer.
If paying via direct online banking use the promo/discount code BANK when registering which will reduce the amount to pay to $0 and complete your registration. Then transfer the amount for ticket you purchased to my account ASAP to secure your spot.
Axis Mundi Coaching BSB 036-011 AC# 489846. Please put your full name in the reference field.
- Full payment is required by Friday 8th October.
- Cancellations made before Friday 8th October, will receive a full refund of monies paid.
- Cancellations made after Friday 8th October but before 15th October will receive a refund minus a $50 cancellation fee.
- No refunds from 15th October.
- Cancellation fees may be waived under extenuating circumstances, please contact Vanessa to discuss.
- Please stay home if you are unwell. If you cannot attend due to illness you will receive a full credit for the amount paid to be used for a future workshop or session with me. In the event of a statewide lockdown due to covid prior to the event taking place we will attempt to reschedule, and you will have the option to rebook for the new dates or obtain a refund.
- Please scan into the SafeWA app upon arrival and utilise the hand sanitiser where possible. Mask wearing is totally acceptable if you are concerned about your health or the health of others.
Who is your Facilitator?
Vanessa K Vance. I am a counsellor and a somatic sex educator currently completing a Graduate Diploma in Creative Arts Therapies at Murdoch University. I studied counselling at Edith Cowan University (Bachelor of Counselling, 2017) and sexological bodywork with the Institute of Somatic Sexology (Certified Sexological Bodyworker, 2014). I am a certified Cuddle Party facilitator, a certified Wheel of Consent facilitator in training and facilitate various workshops and classes on embodiment, intimacy, and consent. I also have extensive experience in the tantric and shamanic arts. I am super passionate about providing opportunities for folks to develop stronger and more positive experiences within their bodies, to improve their communication and connection with others, and to experience more power and freedom as a human being. I am deeply motivated about furthering the culture of consent, embodiment, and sexual freedom and advocating for social change through individual awareness and growth.
Read more about Vanessa and her offerings at https://www.vanessakvance.com/